The Leadership & Executive Acceleration Program (LEAP)™ is a professional development and leadership program designed for Irish and Irish American women living in the broader New York/Tri-State area. Program members may be professionals, entrepreneurs, or at any other stage in their career.
Women are underrepresented in higher-level corporate positions, and most women have limited access to development programs that empower female leadership. The Irish International Business Network (IIBN) has developed this program to provide opportunities to women and enable the advancement of their career objectives and personal growth.
LEAP is tailored to:
- Support professional development of Irish emigrants
- Increase advancement opportunities for Irish women in their field of choice
- Improve capability of Irish community organizations
- Promote connectivity between Irish Professionals and Irish emigrant associations and organizations
Key Program Objectives:
Program participants will:
- Improve communication skills by confidently presenting and translating their vision into clear deliverables to engage others
- Tackle real business challenges in order to make a measurable difference in the Irish community
- Expand their personal perspectives through a deep understanding of themselves, their team, their business partners, and the external environment
- Build a powerful network that will help them to accelerate and sustain their development during and after the program.The program lasts about 4-5 months. Participants will be expected to commit to LEAP for the duration of the program. The expected time commitment is 2-4 hours weekly.
Executive Directors: Mary McEvoy & Susan O’Brien
Program Director: Saoirse Giles
Lead Advisor: Kelly Hoey